Thursday, September 25, 2008

Dave's Revenge

Part of McCain pulling his little campaign suspension stunt yesterday was him cancelling an appearance on Late Night with David Letterman. Dave was not impressed, to say the least.

I was surprised at the viciousness with which Letterman tore into McCain, but when I did some reading up on the subject I learned a few things. Apparently, cancelling at the last minute on one of these shows cause real turmoil for the hosts and producers, and so it is "traditional" to spend much of the time that had been devoted to the guest skewering them in their absence. Even so, Dave seemed to go after McCain over and over.

And then it became obvious why: they caught McCain getting prepped for an interview with Katie Couric while they were taping! Letterman showed the video live and then over top asked "I have a question! Senator, can I give you a ride to the airport?"

Man, this looked really, painfully bad.

No comments: