Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Real Pitbull Continues with Excellent Attacks, Under the Radar

Joe Biden shows that he's the real pitbull of the campaign. He just goes on doing what he does best; while McCain's vapid VP selection continues to get most of the attention of the press for all the wrong reasons. Yesterday he had perhaps the best line of the day:
Senator McCain has confessed, quote, “It’s easy for me to go to Washington and frankly, be somewhat divorced from the day-to-day challenges people have.” And he’s right, if all you do is walk the halls of power, all you hear are the wants of the powerful.

I believe that’s why Senator McCain could say with a straight face, as recently as this morning, and I quote “the fundamentals of our economy are strong.” That, “We’ve made great progress economically” during the Bush years. But friends, I could walk from here to Lansing, and I wouldn’t run into a single person who thought our economy was doing well, unless I ran into John McCain.
Ezra Klein has the full text of the speech and a short video highlighting Biden in action. As I've said before, Biden is the Rodney Dangerfield of this campaign.

No comments: