Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Hysteria in Broadcasting Network

I started listening to Rush Limbaugh over a decade ago. Back then I had two main reasons for being in his audience. First, I enjoyed his constant railing against Bill Clinton, someone I did not and still do not care for at all. And second, while he was and still is a blowhard, he was at least entertaining back then.

I listened rather intently during the 2000 campaign as well, but largely stopped following him when he became far less interesting and much more of a right-wing robot than he was when he started. But I still consider him a "bellwether" to some extent and like to turn on his program from time to time.

Well, that's become quite amusing in recent days, as he reveals -- rather unwittingly -- just how scared and desperate the Republican mainstream has become of how badly McCain is losing this election. Every time I tune in now, it seems all he can do is shriek hysterically about how the "drive by media" is biased against Republicans, and the Dems are "stealing the election" and how his listeners should ignore any poll that doesn't show the race a dead heat. ("It's close! It's close!")

The more shrill he becomes, the better the news is for the more rational among us. His non-stop backpeddalling and attempts to justify his racist comments about Colin Powell are also quite hilarious.

No comments: